Archinect
anchor

mArch/MBA... yet again.

twobie2

I have read a few threads where people talk about the joint MBA degree allowing a lot more "options" ect... as far as career choices. Can anyone be more specific as to what these options are?

Specifically...

What types of fields would the mArch/MBA qualify you for?
Any guesses on salary?

and...

How valuable would an MBA be to an architecture firm when they are axing people again in ten years and Im trying to hold onto my job?

Thanks.

Apr 17, 10 10:14 pm
xacto

eastm:

i wrote a very long, passionate response to your post, venting about your inability to use search the function, scroll down half a page, or actually use your brain. but then i decided to delete it and go to sleep.

Apr 18, 10 12:32 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

No business degree will save you from the axe...

Apr 18, 10 1:30 am  · 
 · 
BlueGoose

the flexibility of a business degree is that it gives you some credibility in fields outside of architecture in the event you lose your architectural job. I know very few architects with only an architectural degree who can put together a credible job search in fields outside of architecture. I've know quite a few with MBAs who found it relatively easy to depart the profession for greener pastures when it suited them to do so.

Apr 18, 10 12:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: