Archinect
anchor

What to see in Amsterdam

biral

Hi,

Would appreciate some tips architecture and food wise. Living accommodation tips would be great too!

Thank you

Apr 15, 10 3:58 pm
rutger

There's a lot to see. For contemporary buildings --> mimoa

Apr 16, 10 7:20 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

holl's office building... it has a wierd name, i forget. the library is pretty cool, too.

if i were you i'd stay at the stayokay hostel - think it's the nicest one and they have lockers

Apr 16, 10 9:36 am  · 
 · 
biral

thank you !! yes I have a list of architecture things that I will see.. got a lonely planet book tooo :) all is left is planning.. thinking of renting a car from brussels to Amsterdam

Apr 16, 10 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
washingtonian

Steven Holl's building is pretty cool to see from the outside, but from what I could tell they don't really let people inside. If you do a little research you might be able find a way to get in, though.

Apr 17, 10 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
urbanlandscape

Borneo-Sporenburg by West 8 is a nice planning/landscape/architecture project

Apr 18, 10 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
urbanlandscape

DO NOT stay at the hotel sphinx!

Apr 18, 10 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
biral

Lol ok thank you all for the amazing input

Apr 19, 10 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

what happened at the hotel sphinx?

Apr 19, 10 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

but seriously, for the architecture just check mimoa it's all there, or get a wallpaper* city guide, they have an iphone app too. Food wise, I don't really know, there are some nice restaurants in Chinatown/Red-light district (giving you an excuse to go there...) but that's all I know in the culinary department, surviving on instant noodles for the last year or so really screwed up my taste buds.

Apr 19, 10 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
biral

ha ha instant noodles.. not my thing.. thanks ,yeah checked out mimoa.. its awesome

Apr 19, 10 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: