Archinect
anchor

When?

strlt_typ

or is the moment over?

Apr 8, 10 12:04 pm

as in when will we see the above brought into existence?

Apr 8, 10 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

metabolism? I thought it was over in the 70s...

Apr 8, 10 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Apr 8, 10 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
postal

can it ever be over?

Apr 8, 10 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
Bruce Prescott

I would say it's back, except now the pods are computer arrayed in ways the pioneers only imagined...BIG's MTN Dwellings for example (sorry - flash site so you will have to click on the project if the image is not already etched on your retinas)

If only we could get a bit of the social agenda involved we might be getting somewhere.

Apr 9, 10 12:44 am  · 
 · 
TIQM

Filing boxes for humans.

Apr 9, 10 9:29 am  · 
 · 
postal

i think there was a leap that wasn't possible back then, and it goes along the lines of EKE's criticism. the "capsule" or "pod" is just too restrictive. I really like the idea of kind of a capsule tower 2.0, where people are able to contract/design their spaces separately. the marina towers have a similar energy and dynamic when everybody decorates for christmas...

(couldn't find a better shot)

Apr 9, 10 9:51 am  · 
 · 

the new way to 'capsule': http://monocle.com/sections/design/Web-Articles/9-hours/

Apr 9, 10 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

It is my impression that what is being built today (the most advanced stuff, both aesthetically and technically) is the realization of what we were all dreaming of, forty and fifty years (and more) ago. So, how long can it be before somebody decides to perch clusters on poles. . .if that's what you really want ?

Apr 11, 10 1:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: