Archinect
anchor

Paying for grad school

ruthanne

Greetings-
I have been following discussion about grad school but this is my first post. Just found out that I have been accepted to RISD M.Arch for fall 2010. I worked like crazy in a small state university BA program to be able to get into a good grad school. But I was offered very little in the way of financial aid. Any ideas out there on finding more money for tuition?

Mar 31, 10 3:42 pm
word2bird

ruthanne_ i'd like to redirect you here
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=96691_0_42_0_C

and here
http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=97217_0_42_0_C

i haven't had any luck looking for other private scholarships to fund the m. arch and many seem specific to tuition only.

let me know if you find anything. funding seems scarce... i myself am getting really worried about paying for school and surviving while in school, then after. :O

Mar 31, 10 6:19 pm  · 
 · 

Check out the myriad of posts out there about this topic that are floating around the board right now... also, the absolute best place to ask is your prospective adviser, in this case RISD, about the potential for Teaching Assistance-ship, Scholarships in your second and third year, or other sources of funding.

Sadly, the general resources for general M Arch studies are few and far between, good luck!

Mar 31, 10 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
liznieve

as a RISD M.Arch grad, I can tell you that there are numerous opportunities to supplement loans at RISD, you just have to ask.

I am not sure who the faculty coordinator is for new students, but just email/ whomever is manning the front desk and ask who to contact. There are assistantships (although these are relatively low-paying and for not-first-year students) and they used to have merit-based grants. They might not anymore, though. There are also TA-ships fo,r again, not-your-first-year, which can help.

All in all, though, private grad school is an expensive endeavor, so don't expect to come out debt-free.

Anyway, again, contact RISD. Good luck!

Apr 1, 10 2:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: