Archinect
anchor

learning photoshop as a thesis student...

Hi -

I'm a thesis student nearing the end of my last year in undergrad. Something that I have always lacked skill in is Photoshop. It's not that I don't use it, because I use it weekly, if not daily. I know the layout and the general functionality of it but I feel like there is a huge amount of depth in the tools that I either do not know of or have access to.

So, as a thesis student who is very familiar with Adobe (Illustrator is my pen) and even with photoshop itself, can you recommend me a good way to learn how to use the program (for architectural rendering/post-processing work if specificity is possible?). Anything like a tutorial program or something of the sort would be greatly appreciated as a recommendation.

Thanks for your help!

Mar 30, 10 2:23 pm
alucidwake

i unfortunately can't edit my own post so hopefully i can at least respond to it.

after looking into it more, there seems to be a plenitude of tutorials available of all different kinds online. I guess i am asking more if you could recommend some of the ones you have found most useful or applicable to my situation?

thanks again

Mar 30, 10 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
randomized

from TU Delft:

basic
advanced
visuals

Mar 30, 10 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Go read some photography books. They'll teach you how to see things, how to improve images, etc. This, in turn, will take your basic images from "basic" to "better...".

The sky is the limit. Most people never get past the very basics. I used it for 10 years before really diving into the photography side. That has helped everything.

Scott Kelby's books are easy to read and follow, worth every penny. There are more advanced ones out there too.

And the tutorials you found. Look for ones on the 3D sites and you should find plenty, then play play play.

Mar 31, 10 12:34 am  · 
 · 
Paradox

I don't know where you are located but if you are in US just go to any bookstore like Barnes&Nobles,take your laptop with you and you'll find plenty of books devoted to photoshop and photo manipulation.

I find Photoshop easy to learn,at least just the basics.Photoshop has so many features it is hard to learn all of them but basics are easier than you think. :) You can just get yourself familiar with the interface like starting with the file,image,layer menus above,just click on them,just select a random photo and play with it.

YouTube always has useful videos.

Mar 31, 10 3:13 am  · 
 · 

"you suck at photoshop" is probably the most entertaining... if not the most informative....

Mar 31, 10 7:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: