Archinect
anchor

Mac+Archicad: Which rendering path to take??

Monolith

Apologies in advance if this is construed as a spoon feeding post. I really don't intend it to be and just wanted some general advice if possible.

I started using Archicad 12 on my Macbook Pro at the start of last semester and have progressed to a useful level (still by no means 'competent') whereby I can produce drawings appropriate for the level of a 2nd year student undergraduate. I do feel however that I've hit a bit of a wall in terms of generating useful 3d renderings. I've toyed with Artlantis but from looking at some of the composite images on the presidents medals I can see that one needs to move beyond merely pressing render. I'm well aware Artlantis isn't the only package and so I'd love to hear some suggestions...

My photoshop skills aren't too poor and so I suppose what I'm looking for access to is a 3d rendering package that is a) able to take my Archicad model and process it and b) preferably available for free under the terms of a student license.

I do find user communities a very useful source of information when learning software packages and so any related links to these is also welcomed in tandem with a recommendation or two.

I hope I haven't put you to sleep with this question and thanks for reading.

Mar 29, 10 9:45 am
psheldahl

If you have time for the processing of the rendering...and maybe a more powerful desktop leave to render images, try Maxwell Render. They have an Archicad plug-in, and if you learn the program well enough the results can be stunning.

Otherwise...maybe export into 3DMax and use VRay...?

Mar 29, 10 10:03 am  · 
 · 
reciclagem

I use Archicad for 12 years now.
Archicad > Artlantis was usefull to me for a long time. But now I´m trying to learn Cinema 4D.
Archicad > Cinema 4D (advanced render, its native render) and
Archicad > Cinema 4D + vrayforc4d

Here: http://dinnye.neobase.hu/
you will find the best add-on for Archicad models export. You can export by material, objects,make x-ref,...

Mar 29, 10 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: