Archinect
anchor

Career Change- Any thoughts?

arch08

After graduating with a degree in architecture and urban planning in 2008 I am planning on switching career? Are there any short term courses available in virginia? Any thoughts folks?

Mar 24, 10 10:01 pm
LITS4FormZ

You could always apply post-baccalaureate to a school and take a broad range of classes.

Mar 24, 10 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
WinstonSmith

Anything but architecture, esp. for the next ten years.

If I were you I'd do what I am doing and start your thought process from the ground up and start over (maybe go on to get a Master's degree next in some completely different field). I am a LIcensed Architect and I'm also moving on to greener pastures.

Unless you like a lower middle class lifestyle, anyways.

Hope this helps at all, don't know exactly if this is totally helpful as your original post is a bit vague to me.

Mar 24, 10 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
iheartbooks

What makes you happy?
What are you good at?

Do that!

Mar 24, 10 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
arch08

Eventhough I like architecture since there is going to be less improvement for the next year or so I am considering switching to graphic design or multimedia design courses (I am good at cad management, 3d modeling). I was wondering what would be a good source to find more about certificate courses in the related fields? Are there any short term courses out there? Anyone had tried switching to those?

Mar 24, 10 10:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: