Archinect
anchor

Has anyone seen this recent commercia for Sprint?

It really seems to me that the video is set in Steven Holl's new Bloch Wing of the Nelson-Atkins Museum in KC.
It features the President/CEO of Sprint talking to the camera.

I couldn't find a clip.

Anyones else seen it?

Mar 3, 10 10:02 pm
LB_Architects

HERE

...and yes it is Holl's building.

Mar 3, 10 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

it's a lovely commercial. i love when new arch gets used in commercials, though. saw the morphosis cooper union in a car commercial recently too.

which makes it occur to me that maybe somehow there would be a way to promote the architecture itself in a similar (?) way. if you showed regular folks here in louisville the cooper union building, they'd be turned off because it's so foreign, but if they saw it more and it became more familiar, maybe it would be different?

if only the 'sets' were less background and more foregrounded in these ads.

Mar 4, 10 7:32 am  · 
 · 

FP, sweet thanks for finding it.

I think steven is on to something maybe this is the next step in project/architectural branding?

Marketing the building as a location for shoots to advertising companies?

Mar 4, 10 9:04 am  · 
 · 
pigeon

does SHA get royalties from something like this? I heard that gehry has a clause in his contracts that says he gets certain image rights to his buildings once they are completed. Does anyone know anything about this?

What could the terms be?

Mar 4, 10 9:54 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Marketing the building as a location for shoots to advertising companies?

videogenic?

Mar 4, 10 10:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: