Archinect
anchor

does anyone know this building (supposedly from Berlin)?

oompa

I need to source this building but I dont have the faintest clue who did it. I'm guessing someone out there will. It's supposed to be in Berlin.

wouldnt it be great to have the visual equivalent of that iphone app (is it shazam?) that can identify the content in an image with great specificity?

oh wait, you can't apprently attach images...I'll ftp it..

http://upsdn.ca/xchange/example.jpg

Mar 3, 10 4:41 pm

you mean, like TinEye?

No results, by the way.

Mar 3, 10 5:03 pm  · 
 · 

you mean, like TinEye?

No results, by the way.

Mar 3, 10 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
montagneux

That's dichroic glass. By the looks, that's either chamelonlad or arnoldglas glazingggg.

Am probably wrong about the last part.

It'd definitely dichoric glass though!

Mar 3, 10 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
oompa

thanks! do you have any ideas about the project - like who designed it?

Mar 3, 10 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
montagneux

No but there's probably less than 1000... if not less than 250 buildings worldwide fully clad in dichroic glass.

It's expensive and a lot of people aren't secure enough to own a piece of property that looks like someone cover it with unicorn piss and glitter.

I will try googling it though!

Mar 3, 10 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
oompa

unicorn piss! brilliant lol

Mar 3, 10 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

the reflection is showing several large canted columns or truss like structure...

Mar 3, 10 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

it also looks like the people inside are sitting in some sort of classroom configuration; seated and facing in one direction. maybe a library or a school?

Mar 3, 10 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i could be wrong but it doesn't look dichroic...there's some horizontal patterning laminated

Mar 3, 10 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

has the same components/detailing as alsop's palestra...but i don't think it's by alsop...

Mar 3, 10 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
Phantom
strlt_typ

ah, that's it...

Mar 3, 10 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
oompa

that's definitely it. thank you all soo much. I would have never found it...

i owe you :P

Mar 3, 10 9:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: