Archinect
anchor

Middle Eastern Entourage

theinkid

Does anyone know of a good source for either cheap or free middle eastern people? If not just a place I can find pictures that I can trace out myself. I've already tried that RCP but they want 200 dollars for 15 people. Thanks for the help.

Mar 1, 10 10:15 pm
LML

no, but 'middle eastern entourage' seems like a good band name to me.

Mar 1, 10 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
logon'slogin
Mar 2, 10 2:49 am  · 
 · 
bRink

aka M.E.E.

Mar 2, 10 5:14 am  · 
 · 
fays.panda

do you know how big, and differentiated, the Middle East is?

I think I know what you mean, but, be careful.

You might have to do some photoshopping, but, check out mall websites

Mar 2, 10 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
theinkid

I was actually looking for people from all areas, not just those in ethnic garb. I just don't want white people.

Mar 2, 10 7:13 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

it's obvious you didn't mean harm, but you still need to be aware of many things. Some people might be overly sensitive about this, and you'll find yourself in a situation that's just silly and will waste your time trying to explain what you meant.

I'm from the Middle East, I've been in London for a while, and I get all sorts of intersting things, people speak to me Spanish in the supermarket, alot, and sometimes Russian,, a person from Lebanon is ethnically -through historical lineage- different than someone from southern Egypt, and from the Arabian Peninsula, etc..

Mar 2, 10 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
fays.panda

anyway,, look for shopping malls, or something,, or newspapers

something like that http://www.thenational.ae/

Mar 2, 10 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
theinkid

shopping malls?

Mar 2, 10 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

fays.panda a person from Lebanon is ethnically -through historical lineage- different than someone from southern Egypt, and from the Arabian Peninsula, etc..

that depends. very much owing to emigration from many parts of the middle east, and especially within more traditionally self-possessed groups, you will find that, ethnically or bywhateverothernamely, the levant is rife with extensions to other regions within the greater region...even within the same sectarian group! which is to say, you will find many instances where, for instance, a dirzeh in lebanon is more likely to be related to a yeminite (and possibly, to southern egypt by way of bab el mandab) than to the a lebanese dirzeh of qaysi stock. but thats merely the nominally "arab" (whatever that is! how did a lingua franca turn into an identity in a region where people accumulated languages with the turn of the regional opportunistic tide...i don't know) connections. of course, its a region of bastards. greek, assyrian, kurdish, ancient semitic groups, anatolian rejects...

and the khaleej????its full of dravidian indians and africans in disguise! have you observed how many squat down in the same exact way that indigenous indians do?

and WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY MIDDLE EASTERN? you worship their gods and practice their religions...and you ask about ethnic garb?

fays panda

anyway,, look for shopping malls, or something,, or newspapers

haha, yes, the bani 'arab now camp in the malls...an entourage of plastic camels, cardboard bedou kin and a GRC enamel painted empty-quarters sky. Quraysh D&G'ed.

Mar 3, 10 6:26 am  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

the Arabs are about to topple over the shop display caucasian plastic models in the shop vitrine and take over. coming soon, near you.

Mar 3, 10 6:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: