Archinect
anchor

Home Depot jobs

metal

Has anyone tried working at home depot to get some extra income, or as a survival job? is it worth it?

Feb 27, 10 8:44 pm
Cacaphonous Approval Bot

Yeah, sorry, those Home Depot ads are fakes I put out to confuse the competition.

Feb 27, 10 11:59 pm  · 
 · 
jgilmo

If you mean as a sales associate, I did that briefly five or six years ago, for about three months between jobs. I'd be pretty depressed to do it again, but when you need extra money... I made around $11/hr and was going to start getting health benefits around when I left. You get the regular array of power-tripping assistant managers and stuff like that. A pretty annoying flaw is that they don't like to give people fixed schedules, so you might end up closing one night and opening the next morning. I'm pretty sure they still do it that way.
I had to drive an hour to get there and felt like it would've sucked less overall if not for that.

Mar 1, 10 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

On the plus side, everybody looks good in bright orange.

Mar 1, 10 1:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: