Archinect
anchor

Any Arcosanti alum out there?

jesus.saves

Did bruce goff really invent it?

Feb 15, 10 12:51 am
Piggy

I went to Arcosanti once. It was gay and full of washed up hippies. I'm serious.

Feb 15, 10 1:24 am  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

nothing like taliesin west?

Feb 15, 10 2:49 am  · 
 · 
Piggy

Yeah I went to taliesin (sp?) west a time or two as well...there were some differences.

Now that you mention it it was pretty gay too and full of washed up hippies and tourists as well.

arcosanti is in a prettier location in my opinion.

Feb 15, 10 11:07 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

do you mean that you studied there, or you just dropped by?

Feb 15, 10 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Piggy

Went on some field trips with MArch professors and took some personal time to explore them as well.

Saw the interior bowels of Arcosanti where there are still CAD monkeys slaving away and also got a tour of the personal habitiation of the dead guy that founded Arcosanti (I think he's dead anyways...)

Some really cool ideas. I think the old dead guy that founded Arcosanti attended Taliesen West or his protege did or some crap like that.

Feb 15, 10 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

Paolo Soleri isn't dead to the best of my knowledge, he's still working. Yeah, he studied under FLW.

Feb 15, 10 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

were they buddies with goff?

Feb 16, 10 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I"m not sure if there buddies....you might ask Bart Prince. He would know. Goff never studied under Frank Lloyd Wright, however alot of people left Wrights Camp to study under Bruce Goff. I have never heard Soleri's name associated with Goff, but then again I don't know everything jesus.saves

Feb 16, 10 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

yeah i have seen bart prince's work, i knew i recognized it somewhere

Feb 16, 10 11:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: