Archinect
anchor

Anyone have experience working for the GSA?

jesus.saves

good or bad? and what is the deal with requirements for turning over any BIM model produced?

Feb 13, 10 1:39 am

I used to work as a consultant for DHS, I worked w/ GSA alot. What's your question?

Feb 14, 10 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

I have heard they are becoming big proponents of LEED criteria and they have the projects and money according to Robert Ivy. Is it the truth?

Feb 14, 10 9:31 pm  · 
 · 

LEED criteria - Yes
From what I've read there is lots of money in the pipeline for GSA projects. It takes awhile for these projects to come to fruition though.

Also, I think we are going to see a bunch of energy saving projects by GSA, remember they are the largest landlord in the U.S. and their energy consumption is huge. So I expect to see lots of "retrofit" projects on existing gov't office buildings all geared to save energy. Maybe not the most exciting from an architectural standpoint, but "bread and butter" work.

The other gov't agency is the "Army Corps of Engineers" which has a very aggressive building campaign, but probably is more "horizontal" construction.

Do you work for a big firm? Or are you looking to work directly for them?

Feb 14, 10 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

actually out of work right now but my application is in process for a few of the corps of engineer jobs

i haven't applied directly to the GSA but from what I have read their jobs are posted in conjunction with the corps of engineer stuff?

Feb 14, 10 9:44 pm  · 
 · 

Oh, OK great. good luck. GSA and Corps are separate entities, in fact sometimes they compete against each other for projects.

I'm sure you have found it already, but they list all the positions here:
http://www.usajobs.gov/

I used to work for a private company which offers consultants to the Federal Government, you may want to look those up also. Here is one:
https://avayagov.ats.hrsmart.com/cgi-bin/a/searchjobs_quick.cgi

Feb 15, 10 11:56 am  · 
 · 
jesus.saves

thanks gibson appreciate that

Feb 18, 10 12:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: