Archinect
anchor

Unusual Apartment Layouts

montagneux

Does anyone have any good examples or insights of unusually dimensions for apartments or homes?

I stumbled across and apartment listing for a 1000 sqft apartment (studio) that is essentially a very long and narrow capital "L" shaped space. I'd say one part of it was about 12-14' by 40' and the other part was about 30' by 20'. It seemed like a nice space.

I thought it was incredibly interesting.

Jan 30, 10 8:38 pm
Urbanist
http://www.hao.nu/project/houset/houset4.jpg
Jan 30, 10 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
AquillatheNun

check out Mack Scogin and Merrill Elam's dorm apartments down on Tulane's campus they are crazy!

Jan 30, 10 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

In the Small Projects thread I posted this floor plan by Front Studios:

Not interesting in plan, but the way it's so changeable is amazing.

Jan 30, 10 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
db

Gaudi's Casa Mila comes to mind...

Feb 1, 10 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

I took a liking to this apartment complex designed by Will Bruder:

http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/bts/archives/multifamhousing/05_loloma/photos.asp#photos

Feb 2, 10 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

anyone have plans of terragni's casa giuliani frigerio?. the massing of the units created some unusual hallways into the apartments. i'm curious how it translated into the interiors...

Feb 2, 10 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

@AquilatheNun I lived in those while going to school there, granted i had a ground floor single so mine was pretty normal, but the upper level doubles were kind of cool with their spiral stairs.

Feb 5, 10 11:44 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

google, bitch

Mar 24, 10 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
montagneux

That's childish.

"Unusual" is a little harder to search for quantitatively than "townhouse" is.

Mar 24, 10 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
montagneux
Mar 24, 10 11:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: