Archinect
anchor

Architecture Portfolio

rrayya

Hello everyone!

I would like to explain me what is the difference between portfolio requirements. I have received answers from the universities I have applied in UK. Some of them want me to present a portfolio of 5 images of my work, while some want me to present 5 sheets of my work. So my question is what is the difference between image and sheet? How many of my works can I display per page?

I would be really thankful if you asnwer my question, because I have no idea what to do and the deadline for applying my portfolios is near.

Feb 28, 14 12:27 pm
grandjean

If the specifications say "sheet" rather than "image", you have the freedom to lay out a small pamphlet of your work in which the layout design becomes important. This is a field of graphic design in its own right, and how many images you include per page is a judgement call, though it really comes down to the size of the page and the size of the images you want to display. I'd imagine some should be smaller, and some deserve to be fill the full width of the page, or even the spread. 

If they ask for images, then the work sample is a bit simpler to compile, and you just need to assemble images (and perhaps a bit of supportive text) from what you think is your best representative work. Then the only thing left to worry about is the quality of the printed pages, if they are required.

You can get an idea for different portfolio/work sample designs by searching Issuu.com for architecture work! Hope this helps.

Feb 28, 14 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: