Archinect
anchor

MSc in media architecture OR MArch

Hi 
I will complete my bachelors in June 2014 and I want to do my masters in a flow of it where as I'm bit in confusion of doing what and from where in certain time period 

1. I have only one year of time period to do any of single degree I want to due to of some certain constrains 

2. I like media architecture & I want to do M.Sc in media architecture from Bauhaus university ( Germany )  with the time duration of 1 year but I don't know is it leading to PhD or not ? 

3. MArch was my preference in start and I still think it is much better then media architecture.
Where as university of Barcelona (Spain) is serving it in one year of duration 

all I want to know which one is better option MSc or MArch. Regarding to professional field and learning
if anyone can guide me in further better fields it would be appreciated putting forward the constrain of one year.
thanks

Feb 6, 14 9:26 pm
Non Sequitur

What is "media architecture"?

Also, a March in just one year? Must be nice not having to do much work to get  a Masters these days.

Feb 7, 14 8:00 am  · 
 · 
Nice

That is why a Masters doesn't mean much anymore. Especially if you already have a B. arch.

Feb 7, 14 8:13 am  · 
 · 

This is because in Spain we didn't have Bachelors until now, basically. So the Masters that are currently offered are really one year post-graduate programs. The "Architect" title that I pursued is equivalent to a BArch+MArch. With the new plans of studies, students entering after the year 2010 will receive a 4 year BArch. If they want to go on they will have to get a MArch which is of 2 years of duration.

Uzair, do you want a program that leads to a PhD? The Advanced Architectural Design masters in ETSAM would be a very good option. It is research oriented. I don't know about the programs in the Uni of Barcelona!

Feb 7, 14 9:47 am  · 
 · 
loaiwalid

Hello uzair maqsood , did you apply for the Media architecture master program in Bauhaus weimar , i am really confused between this program and any other design program , it sounds very interesting but i can't understand exactly what i am going to study in details and just afraid that i would start this program and feel that i am not satisfied with it later . so please let me know here or on my email ( [email protected] ) , would love to hear from you soon. Thank you .

May 3, 18 10:45 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: