Archinect
anchor

maxwell cooperative render issue

LML

so I've been able to do some cooperative renders in maxwell using my laptop and desktop, but when I introduce any material other than the generic material, the renders fail. I'm using the laptop as the manager, and applying materials using that machine as well (in rhino). Anybody have any advice on how to get them to both "see" the .mxm files? Or maybe it's another problem?
thanks

Sep 1, 09 4:08 pm
rehiggins

either put the mxms (and all texture maps) on a network path that both machines can see or use pack-n-go to get copies of the materials on each machine

Sep 1, 09 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
LML

I'm not a networking wizz unfortunately, I've just been doing a direct ethernet connection between the two machines when I've tried this. So what else would I have to do to create this network path?

Sep 1, 09 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

don't bother trying to set up a network; just make sure that both machines EACH have a copy of the materials on them. You also don't need to have the machines connected in order to use co-op: you can run the server/manager on each machine separately, just make sure that the seed values are different, then merge the mxi's manually when finished.

Sep 2, 09 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins
CORRECTION

: you don't need to run co-op mode on each machine separately (if they are not "connected"), you just need to make sure that the seed value is different, then merge the mxi's manually

Sep 2, 09 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
LML

thanks a lot for the tips.

if you run the two comp's separately, will you still able to set up a queue for multiple renders?

Sep 2, 09 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

you'd have to be running MXCL server/manager on each, but since you've already been successful getting co-op to work with your direct connection the only thing you'd need to do is make sure that each computer has a copy of the materials.

I frequently use server/manager on a single machine just to batch render images, works quite well

Sep 2, 09 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: