Archinect
anchor

Text Display/Printing in Autocad

larslarson

ok...

I don't know if this is easy or not, but i'm hoping someone out there can help me cause currently this is the bane of my existence...

i have a titleblock that is referenced into all of my plot files... it's exactly the same file in all of my drawings, but when i print it out the text prints out three different ways.

1. correct
2. in the more typical cind of blocky text
3. in the blocky text, but no longer fits in the titleblock...

i can understand sort of why it would modify the text from special to blocky font..but i don't undestand why it doesn't fit in the titleblock...

anyone have a solution?

i've detached the xref and reattached..i've checked the print settings to see if anything is different.. the font is obviously in the correct place since some of them print out ok...and the xref is the exact same and it doesn't seem to matter if it's overlay or attached....anything else?

Aug 27, 09 1:19 pm
fiasco

have you checked the text style for differences in each of the references and titleblock files? For instance if the office specific "title" or "standard" styles have slightly modified font/width/scale factors etc. one would overwrite the other, in my experience.

Aug 27, 09 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

hm. not sure bout that one..

i ended up with the simplest solution of all..i noticed that the bottom portion of the titleblock always printed out well...so i just copied that text up and retyped. doesn't completely satisfy my not knowing why the other didn't work..but it does end my frustration.

Aug 27, 09 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

definitely double-check that the style is the same throughout the drawings. Are these truetype fonts or .shx?

It used to be that truetype fonts plotted funny when you had the plotter set up to plot with (I think I'm remembering correctly) rounded endpoints on your lines, might also be worth checking

Aug 27, 09 7:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: