Archinect
anchor

Small homes

trace™

Looking for good examples of small homes. Any examples, books, etc would be great.

Aug 8, 09 11:27 am

check the previously started Small projects thread

Not all of the projects on that thread are houses, but many/most are..

Aug 8, 09 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Thanks! Should have thought about a search.

That's what I get for trying to find things on my iphone.

Aug 8, 09 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

The other thread for small architecture is great, but many aren't homes. Anyone have any suggestions for small residences?

This is one of my all time favs:

Scogin Elam Bray

Technically a guest house, but close enough!

Aug 10, 09 10:40 am  · 
 · 
gresham

If you're looking for books, the following are good resources:

Compact Houses

Small City Houses

25 Houses Under 1500 Square Feet

Of these, I'd say the first one (Compact Houses) is my favorite. They are mostly eye candy (i.e. not a lot of drawings outside of a floor plan or two....) but are good for inspiration.

Aug 10, 09 10:52 am  · 
 · 

I almost posted this one in the small projects thread but didn't want to be the third poster in a row there with no one else. Plus, this is more specifically a small home not a small project.

atelier tekuto: earth-bricks in Chiba

Oct 17, 11 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
chatter of clouds

i'm not sure whether that home is more depressing or its context :o/

Oct 18, 11 3:34 am  · 
 · 
LOOP!

http://www.bow-wow.jp/

Oct 18, 11 9:10 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Currently doing a 1,500 sf house on a 12' wide lot, and in my research came across this book: http://www.amazon.ca/Narrow-Houses-Directions-Efficient-Design/dp/1568988737

Not all tiny homes, but by virtue of their small width, most are. I've found that most small and/or narrow (modern) house are found in Japan.

Oct 30, 11 1:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: