Archinect
anchor

Architecture Work Flow

khmay

Can i get an idea of your current architecture modeling/rendering work flow?
(for design/presentation work not drafting/CDs)

In school I did a ton of Rhino to illustrator. For the past few years Ive been using Microstation to VRay to Illustrator

Now im on my Mac and have started getting into some strange unproductive workflows with sketchup, blender, luxrender, etc..

AND PLEASE STATE YOUR OS (WINDOWS OR MAC)!

Jul 21, 09 6:12 pm
kungapa

Rhino with Vray to PS and/or Illustrator

Windows

Jul 22, 09 3:45 am  · 
 · 
sspringer

ArchiCAD to Artlantis to PS/Illustrator (sometimes Piranesi)

Mac

Im also playing with Rhino with Vray to PS/Illustrator on PC (VM Fusion)-(btw, from my VERY limited Rhino experience, the beta Mac version of it seems to work pretty well so far...very promising at the least)

Jul 30, 09 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

pencil on trace to pen/colored pencil on trace to scanner to photoshop

to either cad or sketchup or photoshop

then either indesign or powerpoint....

Jul 30, 09 4:13 pm  · 
 · 

pencil on trace, like treekiller, but then straight to revit (pc) for ... well, everything else, practically.

a little photoshop for renderings, if we even do them. most of the time we show the client the model, some views, walk-throughs, don't bother with renderings.

most clients won't pay for renderings unless they've got a fund-raising effort to promote or a big pr campaign so, if we do renderings, they tend to be on our nickel.

Jul 31, 09 7:24 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: