Archinect
anchor

2014 M.Arch Bartlett Portfolio Help

natashagunaratna

Hey guys, 
My name is Natasha, I previously came on here to ask help regarding my work and chances on getting in and apparently the feedback I got from here was that I have a good chance but obviously I'm not keeping extremely high expectations.

I plan to apply to the M.Arch Part 1 in Bartlett UCL and at the AA in Bedford, London. I just got the major part of my portfolio done and I have bits to add so please forgive me as some pages are empty; (got text and more images to add etc) but I was hoping to get some overall feedback regarding text, spelling, anything that would help me stand out! 

My cover page is absolutely terrible; I just put that on there but I plan to make it exquisite (hopefully) something standout between architecture and art which wont be hard.
I was wondering do you need to put in CV resume things in there too? Would that make it seem a bit crowded? 

Any feedback would be awesome!
The link is: 
http://issuu.com/natashagunaratna/docs/dilini_natasha_gunaratna_portfolio

and once again forgive me for the really low res photos -issuu has a lousy 100mb limit

Dec 28, 13 11:42 am
TED

Cover is terrible, yes.  For the Bartlett include a sample of extended writing such as a dissertation - think they will interview you. With the AA, you need a UK Part I in order to enter the last 2 years of the programme [their programme is a 5 year undergrad degree] so you either would need to get the part I or enter year 3.  I don't think you have enough to submit for Part 1 so if you are going to the AA plan on entering year 3 [last year of part 1]

Dec 28, 13 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
natashagunaratna

Hey Ted, 
Thanks for that; definitely going to get on it. 
 that sounds about right but should I put that in the application that I want to apply for the last year of part 1? Or will they make their decision as to where I sit on their level? (for AA) 
I actually prefer Bartlett compared to the AA- Barlett pushes the boundaries much more; AA is a tad more realistic in terms of practicality

Dec 28, 13 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
TED

For the AA, you might email them to ask but if they don't answer you, go for Diploma. If they make you an offer it will be getting part I by the July before you enter or enter year 3. You should apply for bartlett asap - its getting late.

Dec 28, 13 12:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: