Archinect
anchor

portfolio review question

awesomekeith

I finally got my hard copy portfolio sent to the schools that required it. Spent I dunno like a hundred hours on it over the past couple of months, at least 20-30 hours on it the week before I mailed out. After mailing it, and looking over the copy that I have to keep I have noticed some errors with notation, a certain graphic does not line up correctly. One of my paragraphs is in 1st person not 3rd person like the rest of the portfolio. And while I don't think there are grammatical errors there probably are some. I worked on this thing literally all the way up until I picked it up from the printer and still missed some things. Basically what I have learned from this experience is that a portfolio is never finished and can pretty much be constantly improved. Are they expecting perfection from these things ? I dunno I guess I am looking for some reassurance and it might not be out there ..  PS Ill be posting mine on here soon 

Dec 18, 13 12:07 pm
SneakyPete

They have hundreds to look through. If the minor errors you mention disqualify you I  would be surprised.

Dec 18, 13 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
24arches

Doubt they read everything, If you typed a paragraph like the one posted, eh, I'd skip it too. Don't take this comment personally.

Dec 18, 13 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
awesomekeith

Minimal text 

Dec 18, 13 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
24arches

Frankly, your commas are in the wrong place. Or nonexistent when such a mark would help. Be a dick all you want but it's a real turn-off to read through something in that format.

Dec 18, 13 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: