Archinect
anchor

DALLAS FORT-WORT ARCHITECTURE

Arnaud M.

Dear Archinecters,

I am flying out tomorrow for a couple of days to Dallas/Fort-Worth area and am looking for architectural marvels to go to. My first day will be spent in fort-worth, enjoying kahn's and ando's museums. Another place I will go to is the Nasher Sculpture Center. Aside from those obvious buildings, I am looking for other things to see in the area without having to drive too much (I will have a car but limited time). I will be staying in the grapevine area, near DFW.

If you have comments and suggestions, please let me know.

am.

May 18, 09 8:47 pm
Arnaud M.

Excuse the bad spelling and poor grammar...

May 18, 09 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
freeezerburn

there's the philip johnson museum with all the remington work near the modern art museum. ...you could also visit george bush's house!

May 19, 09 10:24 am  · 
 · 
tagalong

The amon carter is quite the let down compared to the kimbell and modern.

there is a Fay Jones Chapel in that area of fort worth.

It would also be worth while to go check out the construction progress on REX's opera house and the big red thing foster is doing in dallas...

Also, lesser known, there is a nice new project right on the trinity river by Bing Thom Architects, [url=http://www.bingthomarchitects.com/link[/url]

It's for Tarrant County College.

Also in Dallas is the new Magnet school by Allied Works.

If your a big fan of David Schwarz's architecture, (cough), Fort Worth is littered with it, crowned by the fantastical Bass Hall with its trumpeting angels.

Have fun and enjoy the mexican food.

May 19, 09 11:41 am  · 
 · 
tagalong

well that link didn't work......

link

May 19, 09 11:42 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

ft worth has a nice downtown..go to the flying saucer for beer after seeing Kahn/Ando all day

May 19, 09 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

rachofsky house

Mar 23, 10 3:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: