Archinect
anchor

How are applications coming along everyone?

WanderLust

So its that time of the year when deadlines are just around the corner...I'm applying to M.Arch. programs and scrambling to finish everything up in time. 

How are all of you doing? All sorted with essays, portfolio, GRE, recs etc? Started sending in apps? Am I the only one feeling the nerves before I start hitting 'submit'? :)

Dec 14, 13 8:38 am

Recommdations are alwasys biggest paint in the ass because you have so little control over them.

good luck

Dec 14, 13 9:42 am  · 
 · 
WanderLust

Tell me about it! Spending a ton of energy on hounding my recommenders and freaking out that they wont be in on time!

Dec 15, 13 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

My one recommender is hounding me so she can complete and submit all her recs since one of my apps needs to be completed before sending the invites.  Two of them are way ahead of the curve while one submits their's a few days before.  

Dec 16, 13 6:28 am  · 
 · 
WanderLust

Lucky person, good luck with the applications...

Anyone started sending in stuff?

Dec 16, 13 10:58 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

Definitely still cranking things out at the last minute. Not ideal at all but I hope to get it all done a day or so before the actual deadline. ARGH!

Dec 28, 13 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

I saw on the other thread that you are applying to GSD among other schools. You know that their deadline was on the 15th?

Dec 29, 13 1:45 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

The California schools were on the 15th, the east coast schools, at least the ones I'm applying to, is next week. Thanks for the heads up though!

Dec 29, 13 2:25 am  · 
 · 
spqr

Roshi: The GSD deadline was not on the 15th, that date was posted long ago and updated to the 2nd of January.

Dec 29, 13 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
WanderLust

Most of mine are around Jan 2nd...just a few more days of getting everything together and then the long wait till March/April! (Except for sending in financials which are due in Feb for most places..) People sent in anything yet?

Dec 30, 13 12:10 am  · 
 · 
back_forth

AppleGK - Nope, you can't fill out the FAFSA until January 1st. Most likely will have to go back and update it once you file your taxes. Dreading the wait btw. 

Dec 30, 13 12:22 am  · 
 · 
WanderLust

I'm international so no FAFSA for me, but they do need a ton of documents and forms to be filled out. Gotta juggle that with work for another month atleast!

Dec 30, 13 1:47 am  · 
 · 
samwise

@Apple GK - How did you end up going with A3 for GSD. I've just been looking through Archinect for the same thing as I'm still unhappy with my layouts for that format!

Dec 30, 13 6:13 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: