Archinect
anchor

Autocad 2009 interface

beno03sap

Totally sucks.

Its like vista or something.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the layout/appearance to something like 2008-namely, succinct, clean, and simple?

Thanks!

Apr 10, 09 4:26 pm
chaos3WA

yeah, what were they thinking?

you can change it in the options window somehow.

Apr 10, 09 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

At the lower-right corner of the screen, click on the Workspace Switching button (icon looks like a gear). Select "AutoCAD Classic".

Apr 10, 09 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

Autocad 2009 makes me miss Autocad LT when things were simpler and functioned.

Apr 10, 09 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

Not to mention how effing slow 2009 is. Every simple task is accompanied by a mandatory "freak out" by the program and nothing can be done quickly. I hate it with every fiber of my being but am unable to switch back.

Apr 10, 09 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
Obstsalat

Hate it, hate it hate it hate it hate it... grrrr....

We have Revit 2009 in the office, and since everyone hates AutoCAD 2009 and uses AutoCAD 2008, we use double the amount of licenses and inevitably there is at least one email a day asking someone to free up a license.

Don't fix something if it ain't broke.

Apr 10, 09 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
Rodeo Queen

My CAD 09 started spontaneously deleting my work. Or rather, it failed to save it. At first I thought I was being careless about keeping track of file versions, but then In started to happen before my eyes. Bug in the percent save function. Hate it.

Apr 10, 09 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

some things to help make 2009 a bit easier to deal with:

--don't leave the layer palette open, this can cause major slow downs and sometimes crashes (the xref palette also can cause this) especially in paper space
--turn off the tool tips completely, learn the icons or go strictly command line
--if you import a profile from a previous version of ACAD the ribbon shouldn't show up, though if you're not the IT person (and they happen to not also be users) chances are they didn't do this for you.
--There is a tiny "down arrow" next to the big 'A' where you can RMB and turn on the menu bar/turn off the ribbon, you may have to try this a couple times because it doesn't always register that you're over the arrow, thus the RMB menu won't always show-up.
--turn off the "quick command line" (it's the one that follows your cursor) and any other dynamic tracking options

if I think of anything else I'll post it

Apr 11, 09 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Damn is sounds like you back to LT....and how much does the 2009 version cost. Someone should be held accountable cause these programs control billions of dollars of actual construction.

Apr 11, 09 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

AutoCAD LT® 2010 Boxed Shipment - $1,200.00
AutoCAD® 2010 Boxed Shipment - $3,995.00
AutoCAD® Architecture 2010 Boxed Shipment - $4,995.00

Apr 11, 09 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
LucasGray

5,000 for a computer program is insanity. How do they expect small firms to afford that?

Hand drawings is practically free.

Apr 12, 09 7:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: