Archinect
anchor

1st 2nd or 3rd person

awesomekeith

im finishing up my portfolio for m. arch, and im trying to finalize my text. what "person" / narrative mode do i use through out ? im finding it difficult because theres instances where i am describing the brief which I was given for a project which I had no involvement in, then there is instances where i am explaining my process. i cant figure out how to be consistent. well i am thinking that project briefs will be found in a similar place and format for each project, that way you can tell that it's not my work, and using 3rd person. and then using 1st person for all explanation, however i feel that 1st person is not very good.. any advice?

thank you i want to get it up on issuu so you all can rip it apart but its not ready yet 

Nov 27, 13 1:18 am

Advice?  Don't waste much time wiht text.  Nodoby reads portfolios, they just flip through them for about 30 seconds looking for  pretty pictures.  If they like it, then you'll have a chance to explain during interview.

Of course, whatever you do right make sure you 2x & 3x check for spelling & gammar.  And have someone else double check too. Even if you make a single typo, it's law of nature that you'll see it every time you open the damn thing.

Nov 27, 13 9:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: