Archinect
anchor

Timing of acceptance letters

orbital2000

Do schools typically mail acceptance or rejection letters first? I've received one decision thus far (a rejection), but am waiting for five more (hopefully all acceptances). The rejection was sent via email and came far before I expected it.

What can I expect from the Ivy's?

Mar 12, 09 4:56 pm
mr_minnesota

just wait. patience is a virtue.

Mar 12, 09 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
orbital2000

patience is not my strong suite

Mar 12, 09 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
thisisck

this week and next week are the peak weeks.

people are usually notified of acceptances before rejections.

people have heard from princeton and yale amongst the ivys.

Mar 12, 09 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

It depends on the school. Most of them do send ALL the letters at the same time. But there are a couple that are notorious for sending the rejections a week or two later than the accepts.
Also in one program where I taught the order of things was: most accepts went first, then the rejection letters a few days later, but the accept letters to those who were offered merit grants went last, because they had to go through another office to get processed and get the offer amounts finalized.

Every year this question comes up, and every year some acceptances from some program or other don't end up arriving until the first few days in April. So don't get too anxious about it or try to read too much into it at this point.

Mar 14, 09 2:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: