Archinect
anchor

The Municipality City Hall | Istanbul

thenewintern

hello,

Does anyone have info. on this building? I couldn't find anything about this building, I appreciate your help!

Nov 7, 13 2:16 pm

i found this "The current Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality City Hall building in the Sarachane quarter of the Fatih district, the construction of which began on December 17, 1953 and was completed and inaugurated on May 26, 1960, will soon be demolished and replaced by a new building, designed by Istanbul-based Arolat Architects" via

Perhaps Orhan or any other Archinect Turkish area expert can read can weigh in with more info?

Nov 12, 13 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

Why are you looking for this information?

Nov 13, 13 3:18 am  · 
 · 
thenewintern

hi Orhan, I am working on a my thesis project and our thesis studio site is set in Istanbul. In our short visit there, we went to Sarachane park and saw this building and have a little info. on it. I was wondering if more could be found then what's already on the internet. My site is along the Walls of Theodosius right near Sulukule. Currently I am trying to find as much information as I can about Roma people. My thesis project deals with the injustice that Roma's face and their right to the city.

Dec 22, 13 11:48 pm  · 
 · 

here are the floor plans, elevations, sections and site plans of the competition projects that led to building you are looking at. It was based on Nevzat Erol's winning project design, pages 71-77

http://dergi.mo.org.tr/dergiler/2/202/2702.pdf

Turkish text is the competition jury report..

And a short documentary on Roma. But seriously, here are some other bits and pieces of demolishment of Sulukule.

There are a lot written and documented on Sulukule and injustices took a place there in the name of urban transformation. It involves most current major crisis of land and building bribery clusterfuck of an issue Turkish government is caught shamelessly and recent Archinect news and discussion with Patrik Shumacher touched base with some of that shady business.

Dec 23, 13 2:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: