Archinect
anchor

McGill M.Arch I application

st1tch

I'm currently in my final term for Environmental Design at OCAD and am interested in pursuing architecture as a career. I've applied to the M.Arch I program at McGill. Their website states...

"Applicants whose background includes a non-professional degree in Architecture may be admitted to the B.Sc. (Arch.) program with advanced standing, in which case a maximum of 40 credits from the previous degree can be transferred to the B.Sc. (Arch.) program. Applicants whose background includes a non-professional degree in Architecture equivalent to the B.Sc. (Arch.) may be eligible for admission directly to the professional M.Arch. program. In certain cases, qualified applicants may be required to complete a qualifying year, up to a maximum of 30 credits, or two semesters, before entering the three-semester M.Arch. (Professional) program."

I've contacted McGill on whether or not I would receive direct admission into their M.Arch I program and they told me to complete the program comparison chart provided and they would make an assessment based on the percentage of equivalent courses I have completed at OCAD. I am pretty sure that I will not be given direct admission into the program based on the chart provided but I have no objection to completing an equivalency year or two prior to entering the M.Arch I program since the M.Arch is only 12 months long.
Doe anyone here have any experience of applying to McGill coming from an Environmental Design program from another school or specifically from OCAD?

Jan 11, 09 4:45 pm
hariresrafili

Hi! I am in the same program as you and applied to McGill for next year! I filled out the program comparison chart for my submission and they said they will evaluate my eligibility from that. One of my professors told me that a previous student got into their M.Arch program, so it is possible. Now just waiting for the admission results!

Mar 11, 24 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: