Archinect
anchor

Portfolio C&C

hoongster

Hello guys,

I'm planning to apply for grad school and have just completed the first run of my portfolio. I will perhaps condense the pages more, as required by different schools. 

1.I am not sure if the range of works is OK or should be more narrowed specific towards one chosen project (perhaps the final year).
2. Also, should employment projects come before academic projects?

Any C&C is very much appreciated!

Thank you.

Link:

http://issuu.com/hoongster/docs/portfolio_2013

Oct 15, 13 7:49 pm
elaz

your portfolio is nice. the graphics are pretty effective, especially in the first half. your spreads that mix dramatic views with hardline drawings are very successful; the ones with only eyewash, or only technical drawings are less so. good luck.

Oct 17, 13 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
Roshi

Very nice. I just think the grain texture is a bit too strong - I see what your trying to do and it kind of gives your portfolio that mood, but I would tone it down by a notch so it doesn't bring as much attention on to itself.

Also, page 32: that white box in the center with the text kind of bothers me. At first glance it looks like an image didnt load and there is an error message, haha. I would play around with the layout on that page a little more, maybe move the text over to a corner.

Oct 17, 13 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
hoongster

Thanks elaz and Roshi for the comments. I agree with the mixing of dramatic/technical visuals and the overused grain.

I've done some minor tweaking and if anybody's interested it's still in the same link.

Thank you!

Oct 20, 13 5:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: