Archinect
anchor

Master of Architecture for Interior Architects/ Designers ?

Lucasch

I am currently studying interior architecture and seeking to get my master degree in architecture. As you possibly know it is possible for anyone with a bachelor degree in any field to study M.Arch in the U.S.A. which takes up to 3 years to finish but some schools offers 2 years of study time for the ones who hold a degree in an architectural field or its  equivalent. What about europe/asia/australia are there any schools that offer a M.Arch degree for interior architects/designers?

Oct 5, 13 12:30 pm

I can only speak for The Netherlands, but here you've got 2 options: University or Academy. University architecture master is 2 years minimum, but you'll need a bachelor in building engineering. This will make you Msc. After 2 more years of experience you can register yourself as an architect. University is a full-time study. Academy is 4 years minimum and requires a bachelor in building engineering or interior architecture (or a great portfolio and some experience) to get in. Academy makes you MArch. After the 4 years are completed you can register as an architect. So same goal in the same time, different routes. Academy is a part-time study that requires you to at least work 3,5 of the 4 years at an architecture firm.

Oct 5, 13 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
Lucasch

First of all thank you for your response, that's a great system but is it possible for international students to get accepted and work in a firm while studying?

Oct 7, 13 6:11 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Interior Architect? please...

Oct 7, 13 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Yes they get accepted. Academies Rotterdam and Amsterdam have English spoken classes. The academies help you seek an internship/job.

Oct 7, 13 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
Lucasch

That's some good news, made my day. Thank you Paul...

Oct 8, 13 4:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: