Archinect
anchor

stupid standardised tests

MR. Obsessive

Hi,

I am an international student with a professional B.Arch degree.

I have recently given my GRE exam and i scored in the early 140's range & 3.5 for the writing section.

I dont do very well on standardised tests although i did manage to get an overall band score of 8 in my IELTS Exam.

I have a GPA of 3.2. and i am applying for the M.Arch II post-professional programs in a few Universities like Cornell Penn Rice and berkeley.

Is my GRE score alarmingly low? Do i have to retake it?

I do have a few reco's who are from the universities mentioned above.

If my portfolio and SOP are exceptionally good, will they still reject me for my low scores??

Do they really matter that much that i would have to take them again?

Sep 20, 13 2:45 am
ARCHCareersGuide.com

To truly determine if you need to take the GRE again, contact the programs to which you are applying.  Ask them how they use the GRE in their review of applicants.  While you do not need to share with them your scores - ask them the range of GRE for admitted applicants in the past.

The GRE may NOT be the more important criteria for admission, but sometimes GRE is used for awarding financial aid - fellowships and TA positions.

Best.

Sep 20, 13 7:17 am  · 
 · 
MR. Obsessive

thank u so much :) 

Sep 20, 13 8:15 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: