Archinect
anchor

salary in Scotland

halleccott251

Hi all,

How much would one expect to recieve as an annual salary here in Scotland as a newly qualified architect?

(Glasgow-area)

Cheers.

Nov 2, 08 5:10 pm
antipod

Why not check the RIBA or the BDonline salary surveys. I would imagine that in the current financial melt-down it migth well vary depending on the firm. Good luck.

Nov 3, 08 4:58 am  · 
 · 

Do you mean 'recently qualified pt.III' or pt.II? How many years experience do you have?
Once those questions are answered, there's likely to be a difference between which sort of practice you're applying for. Big commercial firms generally ('though not always) are more profitable and can hence pay more.
As an architect who graduated with a diploma at Edinburgh Uni in 1994 (and then went to Grad Design at the AA 'til 1996) I started on something like £15,000 per annum in London. I didn't get my pt.III until about 2004 and by that time I was being paid around £27,000 in Scotland (as the project architect on a £120M job...) and, when I stopped working full time in 2007, I was on £32,000.
Now I'm earning £60.50 per week (=£3146 p.a.) on unemployment benefit. In Glasgow.
So good luck :-)

Nov 3, 08 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: