Archinect
anchor

Planet Money architect

kairo

So a few weeks ago Archinect recommended the NPR Planet Money blog and since then I've been an avid listener.

On Friday they interviewed Sophia Suhu about the economic crisis....she recently got laid off. This is happening at my firm and in the city. I'm just wondering if its happening everywhere in North America? In Europe?

Anyone have any guesses what firm she was working at in Portland?

Oct 28, 08 12:31 am
med.

First answer. Yes, it's happening to everyone all over North America. Just yesterday one of the largest and oldest firms in my city laid off 20 people. And just to let you know, this is one of the most stable cities in North America...

My question: Who is Sophia Suhu?

Second answer: Not sure which firm in Portland. It could be any of them. No use guessing really... This isn't the first time and most certainly won't be the last time.

Oct 28, 08 9:38 am  · 
 · 
kairo

She was the person they interviewed in the blog.

Seems like belt-tightening time.....or switch to a recession proof job. Do architects make good nurses?

Oct 28, 08 10:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: