Archinect
anchor

What do professionals think of Woodbury?

manoverde84

My professor says that if I do well at his prep program Woodbury would easily take me. I didn't know what to think of that. He says its top notch but I wanted to inquire with people here. 

Another school he said was Sci Arc. Sci-Arc seems like a difficult school to get into. 

Sep 16, 13 9:56 pm
manoverde84

Someone has to have attended or know about Woodbury

Sep 17, 13 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
Who are you and what do you want to do with your education? I don't think anyone can answer your questions without a bit more info.
Sep 17, 13 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Who am I? A prospect going through an arch prep program looking to transfer to a university for an M.Arch. 

I'm asking if anyone would recommend woodbury as a possible choice for the m.arch 

Sep 17, 13 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
I've only heard good things about Woodbury. I think a profile of the school was published a couple-few years ago in either Architect or Architectural Record.
Sep 17, 13 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

As a local, I hear good things about the program there.  I'd be happy to interview its grads if I were hiring.

Sep 17, 13 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Excellent. I've heard good things too. Is it just too new that it hasn't made a lot of press. 

Sep 17, 13 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Anyone else know much about the program? Any alumna?

Sep 18, 13 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

We have a 5-6 year Project Manager who graduated from Woodbury.  She is very strong.  I have visited the school on several occasions and have been impressed with the environment, the work, and the professors I have met.

Sep 18, 13 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

That's great. I'm stre the reason it hasn't appeared in many mags or rankings is because its fairly new. Outside of CA though, do u guys think its well known at all among professionals? 

Sep 18, 13 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
Veuxx
Woodbury had built a great reputation for a strong rigorous program
Sep 18, 13 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Nationwide rep I'm assuming? Reason I ask is I don't plan on stating in CA forever. 

Sep 18, 13 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
VON LEE

i want to respond to this i just havent had time. i will try to post something tonight. 

Sep 19, 13 8:58 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Thank you, please do!

Sep 19, 13 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
Garciah53
I love Woodbury I'm doing my undergrad there right now. I'm in 3rd year and I honestly can't imagine myself anywhere else.
Sep 22, 13 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
manoverde84

Would you say that the program is well regarded in LA even with all the really top ranked schools nearby? Is it worth the investment? 

Sep 22, 13 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Designasaur

I went to Woodbury. The program is good but the recognition in Los Angeles is nothing compared to Sciarc ucla or usc berkely. Woodbury does not have the same quality of high profile architects teaching there as sciarc or any of the other schools I mentioned. Sciarc probably has the most well know architects teaching there. I would invest in Woodbury if you don't get into any other schools.

Feb 21, 16 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: