Archinect
anchor

Help with Mario Botta's Single Family Home in Riva San Vitale

labphonic

I'm in my 1st year of M.Arch at UT-Austin and my construction group has to do a project on Botta's Riva San Vitale. Unfortunately, we aren't able to find any construction documents. We've been in touch with his office and got a bibliography of where the building had been published but still no luck. Has anybody done a past project on this? Any help would be great; we're kind of at a crossroads.

Oct 20, 08 9:43 pm
blah

There's a really good Italian book that I bought on Ebay that has all of the plans, elevations and sections. It's in my office at school. I'll look tomorrow. I think it was published in 1982.

Oct 20, 08 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

construction docs? i imagine those are heard to come by, are you looking for published plans and sections?

i remember this being in the botta: arch 1980-1990 book, as well as a GA houses.

Oct 20, 08 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

hard. wtf?

Oct 20, 08 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

and i've got the 2G catalogue, there was a botta 2G...

and for a quick fix...

storiesofhouses blog

as well as this

not too shabby for a low budget project...

Oct 20, 08 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

I did a case study on this house back in 2nd year, I don't recall plans being too hard to find... i used them and photos to build a 3d model from which i cut sections and elevations.

Oct 20, 08 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

email me, I have plans and sections.

Oct 21, 08 1:19 am  · 
 · 
lynabenarbia

i really need plans and cuts with quotation please...

Nov 10, 18 8:00 am  · 
 · 

gotta love archinect

Oct 21, 08 1:40 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

bought an old GA Houses and there it is 

Nov 18, 18 2:45 pm  · 
1  · 
Finjohn

https://www.google.com/search?...

Nov 19, 18 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Just in time for the 11th year M.Arch midterm reviews.

Nov 19, 18 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I bought the magazine saturday, and it's the first issue, it's worth something!

Nov 19, 18 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: