Archinect
anchor

AA summer DLab?

mac1231

Anyone familiar with this program? I'm considering applying since I don't have much experience w/ Rhino, Maya, Grasshopper, and I'm not in school.

http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/STUDY/VISITING/d_lab.php

May 30, 11 1:07 pm
bLAyer

that's totally worth it at $3200 + airfare + hotel

NOT

May 30, 11 10:42 pm  · 
 · 

motivated students, motivated teachers, london and the vibe of the AA are all good things.  if you can afford it why not?  for certain you would learn something.

May 30, 11 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
IamGray

1900 pound sterling does sound like an awful lot. 

Jump is right though, you'd definitely learn a thing or two. Might be a good idea depending on your situation and future goals.

If you're just looking to pick up some grasshopper skills though, you're far better off simply going through the (numerous) online tuts and/or getting involved in the online community. That's how all the best grasshopper/coding/scripting/digifab guys that I know did it. Even the ones who study at "fancy" places like Princeton and the AA.

May 31, 11 4:29 am  · 
 · 
mac1231

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely interested for a few reasons. I'm thinking about going back for a post-prof degree, and I think it would be a great experience for me also. I'm more concerned with the fact that I don't have any experience with the programs, so I'm hoping they don't expect me to know anything before I get there since the program is so short. 

I also need a way to get these programs since I think I need to have them on my laptop already...

I know it's a lot of money, but I'm not having to enroll in a grad program for way more money, and some computer classes here are almost $1000 for just one class on one of the programs I would learn to use. And, it would add projects to my portfolio. 

May 31, 11 9:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: