Archinect
anchor

Portfolio - Viewed as single page or spreads? (Also GSD portfolio instructions)

WanderLust

Sooo its that time of the year when portfolio work is in full swing with most of the 2014 applicants I'm sure, hope it's coming along fine with everybody :)

I've been wondering how exactly schools view portfolios. Most advice is along the lines of 'design it as a spread', - but there's also the rumor floating around that they view it as single pages scrolling down, probably even on acrobat, so I'm a little confused as to how to approach that. I'm currently working on mine as a spread and am worried that each page if viewed individually may seem disjointed. From what I know, once you upload it to slideroom there's no way of seeing a preview. 

Also, different places have different directions here. The GSD for instance suggests a portfolio size of A3 or 12X18. They also explicitly state that it would be viewed one page at a time, and if we want to maintain the spread we would need to upload each spread as a single page in the PDF. My current one is 8X11 single page in portrait format - which comes to 11X16 when uploaded as a spread. So in such a case would each 8X11 sheet count as one page, or would the 11X16 count as a page? 

Sep 2, 13 8:46 am
WanderLust

Also, If i were to upload two 8X11 portrait pages as one landscape spread, would each 8X11 count as a page or would each spread count as a page towards the 20/30/40 page limits stipulated by various institutions? HELP GUYS TOO MUCH CONFUSION!

Sep 3, 13 3:34 am  · 
 · 
anerishah

What did you do finally? And did it get accepted?

Jul 27, 17 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: