Archinect
anchor

Amount of Works to Present on a 20-Page Portfolio?

loowee

Hi folks. Since I'm finishing up my BS Arch degree this coming year, I'm planning on crafting my portfolio for post-graduate applications (mostly international schools). Since some of the schools restrict the MAX# of pages to 20 (A4-paper portfolio), I'm wondering how to present my projects precisely and concisely. I expect there to be about 6 satisfying projects by next summer when all is said and done. However, I feel like showing 6 projects on a 20-page portfolio would be a little bit too much (thoughts?) - 3 pages for one project would seem either too tight for diagrams, plans, photos and renderings or too brief if I just show a few images for one project (all my projects are semester/year long)

Should I just select three or four projects (5-6 pages for each) and illustrate them more in details?

or would that be too few for the committee?

one extra question - do you think it's necessary to show photographs of physical models of EACH project? (I had one pretty strong project but I never built a final model for it; making one for it would be too time-consuming for my upcoming schedule)

Aug 25, 13 8:15 am
natematt

Emphasize your strongest projects. If they show a range it should be plenty for a committee to look at, and it's better than giving them 6 projects they can't fully appreciate because they are too watered down.

You don't need to show the same things for all of the projects. If it is a strong project without the model I don't see why you would need to show a model. You want to include whatever best represents/explains the project.

Aug 25, 13 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: