Archinect
anchor

question about good m. arch programs to consider (non top tier programs) California college for the arts ?

awesomekeith

besides the top schools, i think i have a good idea of what the best m. arch programs are... what are good m. arch programs that aren't necessarily making the top rankings every year? under the radar programs that are good? Im applying to m. arch this winter im applying to berkley, ucla, sci arc, and pratt(maybe parsons?) but I need to find some 3 or 4+ other schools to apply to as well. my gpa is below 3.0 its like 2.7 or 2.8 but my portfolio will be stellar I have been enrolled in a grad prep school (LAIAD), i have done good work there, and I have found that i love architecture.   

despite all of the cynicism and career aspects I love the problem solving and abstract thought processes, and I want to get into a great m. arch program. I know I might not be able to get into the best programs with my gpa but I want to get into the right program a good program that will look good to employers and a program that I will flourish in for the 3 years I am studying for m. arch. 

I have been told to consider schools that have done the solar decathlon, also it seems that some schools are better for undergrad and not grad or vice versa? Are all state schools public or private created equal?  

Can anyone comment on the m. arch at california center for the arts ? 

thank you ! 

Aug 10, 13 1:36 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: