Archinect
anchor

Broke Student wants to apply to AA in London

Izzie19

Do I really need to have enough money in my bank account to cover the tuition + living expenses to get considered by the AA admissions people?

I currently go to a community college in California and I'm planning to apply next fall to Pratt, Syracuse, and maybe NYU and Cornell. My current GPA is a 3.0 but I'm hoping that my portfolio would make up for it.

Any information and advice would be really helpful..

Aug 6, 13 11:58 pm
accesskb

and how do you plan on paying for your studies there if you're broke?  Studying in AA is expensive and so is living in London :)

I'd think its a similar process when applying for a work/study visa to European countries.. You need proof from the bank that you have enough money to support yourself and proof of a return ticket home before the govt issues you a visa.

Aug 7, 13 12:23 am  · 
 · 
anonitect

I don't actually know the answer or have any advice, but here is the most dickish possible response to your question.

Aug 7, 13 12:27 am  · 
 · 
gruen
I think the biggest elephant in this room is "I have a 3.0 at a community college and want to go to the AA"
Aug 7, 13 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

^ community college, 3.0 gpa there, broke student.. who this this guy/girl is a troll?

Aug 7, 13 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
observant

I think the biggest elephant in this room is "I have a 3.0 at a community college and want to go to the AA"

I think the OP can apply, and then expect to get thin envelopes or short e-mails.  Seriously, if one has taken a class at a c.c., it's somewhat understandable why GPAs might not be the highest.  The incentive brought on by being in a competitive atmosphere isn't there, to any noticeable extent.  A person in a c.c. has to be extremely self-motivated.  If the OP was bucking for East Coast schools, uppity Ivy League schools, or even more uppity AA, then they needed to have processed than from day one at the c.c.

We had a client who was only "slightly" international.  She had a 1 room office in London.  When amongst ourselves, we would say "Beverly Hills - New York - London" in a Robin Leach accent, as if mimicking the locations of a swanky boutique seen in an inflight magazine.  I guess you had to be there.  London?  "Fuggedaboutit."

Aug 8, 13 9:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: