Archinect
anchor

are MEPs the dumbest engineers out there?

greenlander1

Yup there sure are.

Aug 1, 08 12:23 am  · 
 · 
greenlander1

sorry I meant 'they' not 'there'

Aug 1, 08 12:23 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

I have several friends from college that became electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, etc. None of them work on the MEP side of things. A good EE friend said those guys are just "electricians" in his mind. Even if a MEP engineer has his PE, the vast majority of engineers out there look down on that profession. I don't blame them, on any project the architect runs the show. Meanwhile my engineer friends do design work where they are the leader, and make much more $$$ in the process. I'm not surprised that the best engineering grads aren't going into the MEP line of work.

Aug 1, 08 9:12 am  · 
 · 
zigfromsa

I find that alot of the guys I work with, work their steady salaried jobs and then take on MEP and structural analysis work on the side. I wouldn't say they're dumb, they certainly do make good money, very good money doing those side jobs for very little effort...that sounds like they're smart to me.

Aug 1, 08 11:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: