Archinect
anchor

idp and california

binary

does california require you to have idp credits in order to take the exam?....

i looked and seen something about being able to take the exam prior to finishing idp but also heard that cali got rid of idp.....

Apr 17, 08 9:48 pm
farwest1

In California, I believe you have to complete both the (national) IDP and the CIDP—they essentially have the same requirements, but the CIDP asks for much more detailed documentation in the form of written narratives and work samples.

I know that you can take your exams prior to the completion of CIDP, but I'm not sure about the national IDP.

Apr 17, 08 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
mleitner

California requires IDP as most other states do.

You can start taking your exams before you complete IDP.

CIDP seems to be more of a formality in which your boss certifies that you have worked on an array of tasks. A report is then submitted to the CAB.

Apr 17, 08 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

You can take the exam in California as soon as you have a recognized professional degree.

CIDP is IDP with additional reporting requirements for work samples and written narratives. You still have to deal with NCARB.

It's all here:

www.cab.ca.gov

Apr 17, 08 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks.....

i figured you still needed to go through all the IDP b.s.

one day

Apr 17, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

(@(((*&^)*$&^)Fuck^@*)%^&($%)*

Nuff said!!!

Apr 18, 08 3:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: