Archinect
anchor

3D Printing

weAREtheSTONES

Anyone every use this company for a 3D Print?
3D Art to Part

Kind of curious of the quality of the print

This will be my 1st 3D print EVER....I'm pretty damn excited...I think I just peed a little.

The model in a box...in a car and on its way to the office.....Should be here in a about an hour!!!

Apr 7, 08 7:16 pm
weAREtheSTONES

OK - its here - looks.....aight!

-not really impressed with the level of detail or prestine look. its kinda rough...think i might give 'er a light sanding. The color is a little more yellow that I wanted-guess ill try to give it a coat of paint and see what happens.

Ill post some pictures tomorrow when I'm done tinkering around with it.

Apr 7, 08 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
induct

What kind of printer are they using?

Apr 7, 08 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

I dont have a clue

Apr 7, 08 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
induct

Does your model have lots of layers of plastic, like if it was cut out of a stack of paper.

Though on the site it says there is some post-finishing so maybe it is some sort of powder.

Apr 7, 08 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Basically every type of RP requires some hand finishing, though I've had some stuff done by stereolithography that really didn't need anything but wiping out some channels and then the paint.

The 3DP stuff from the site you posted is inexpensive but looks like it has a pretty rough finish. For stuff with many tight, compound curves, it's probably worth it to investigate other RP methods.

Apr 8, 08 3:32 am  · 
 · 
salman22

This is a TEST Comment
Salman Khan
Salman Khan
http://www.google.com/

Apr 8, 08 8:12 am  · 
 · 
mdler

weAREtheSTONES

did you just 3D print yourself a stripper?

Apr 8, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Deidra

to weAREtheSTONES: Do you still have the photos of the model? It would be nice to see how it looks like...

Oct 7, 08 5:27 am  · 
 · 
tdunigan

Metro Rapid Prototyping specializes in architectural work.  We have done the 14 foot tall model of the US Capitol Building  in DC's US Capitol Visitors' center as well as Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

www.metrorp.com

Metro Rapid Prototyping has been in the rapid prototyping industry from its beginning. Choosing to work with us, you have effectively added experienced prototyping engineers to your team. Metro focuses heavily on support and communication rather than just building a prototype from whatever CAD data we receive. Using this approach, Metro Rapid Prototyping has helped numerous customers succeed at getting their projects completed on time, while getting the most out of their prototyping budgets.

Our customers benefit from over 50 years of combined internal experience.

Aug 18, 11 10:13 pm  · 
 · 

Hi, Yes I've used them many times a couple of years ago.  They took their website down for awhile, but I guess they are back.

They used to have a ZCorp 310, reasonable rates, and pretty quick turnaround depending on their project flow. 

Aug 19, 11 11:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: