Archinect
anchor

Twin Wall Polycarbonate

Z_Trav

Does anyone have experience using twin wall polycarbonate in a residential application?.. I know that it is widely used for greenhouses due to its lightweight durability and insulation value. I'm working on a residential shipping container retrofit project and the material is attractive for the above reasons when it comes to durability in transport to the site after prefabrication.  I'm curious to know how it performs with sound transfer and if in practice it performs as well as insulated glass with climate control... Thoughts?

May 22, 13 4:18 pm
Rusty!

I'm familiar with Duo-Guard products. It is what it is (if you like the aesthetics of it). They make thermally broken frames for these assemblies, so it should perform fine. It is less puncture resistant than glass, so I'd keep it off ground. Perhaps a skylight or canopy. Low window, no way.

May 22, 13 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip7

Just say No to SeaCans!

Sep 11, 19 11:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: