Archinect
anchor

Help regarding admissions in Italy.

patrick8228

I am a current 4th year student of architecture in India, i wish to pursue my masters degree at IUAV, Venice. Can anyone tell me about the requirements for eligibility and process of application for the university? Also any other schools offering a graduate program in architectural conservation? Thank you!!

May 16, 13 10:40 am
observant

I can and I can't.  Italian universities are weird.  Some of the household names like Bologna and Firenze used to be places where you'd just sign up (the Italians use the term "enroll," and not "be admitted").  They let everyone in and then weed you out.  Now, at last, they use a test to determine whether someone is admittance worthy.  They copy the Americans, eventually, on the practical things.  They copy the Americans, immediately, on the negative things proffered by mass media.  I'm sure Venice would be appropriate for preservation, as would be Rome (LaSapienza), but you can look into that.  Keep in mind that architectural schools in Italy are factories - I went through the department in Torino while visiting the city and a professor I struck up a conversation with told me of the enrollment, and I about keeled over.  In the U.S., once the ENTIRE architecture program(s) hit an enrollment of 800, they are considered big and not places to get the attention one needs.  I love Italy, to go visit, but to be a student there, no thanks.  Come to the States!

May 17, 13 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
patrick8228

Thank you!!

i am also trying at the university of southern california and university of florida. though i wish to study the course from venice :)

May 18, 13 12:55 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

run Patrick run!

May 18, 13 1:26 am  · 
 · 
observant

access:

He's already into his 4th year of architecture in his home country, so it looks like he digs it if he wants to keep on going.

Oh well, different strokes ...

May 18, 13 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
cssvarma

Hi everyone;

I  completed my B.Arch(5 Years) course in early 2013 in Hyderabad(INDIA) and i have 1 year experience in architectural heritage conservation firm. I'm planning to do a M.Arch course in Architectural restoration/conservation in Italy. I need help finding a suitable university that offers this course. Please help! 

Thank you.

May 8, 14 2:23 am  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

This topic is old but, I made an application at Polito by the end of March. Still no news, even they do not share any info about waitlists.. Does it generally take so long? Thnx in advance.

May 19, 20 7:55 am  · 
 · 
MAAK

If you applied by end of March, then you have applied in the second call, for second call they have written clearly that their response will be by 30th of June, maybe before that but not after 30th of June.

May 20, 20 12:02 am  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

Thnx for the feedback^^ though other master applicants received the results earlier even in the second call. Good luck!

May 20, 20 3:23 am  · 
 · 
MAAK

You mean in Polito ? I've received admission in IUAV and University of Florence but this was for the 1st call.

May 20, 20 4:24 am  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

Yes, I mean Polito. As I know, IUAV has only one call. Polimi has also published scholarships and informed some applicants for the second call.

May 20, 20 4:53 am  · 
 · 
MAAK

Are you sure that Polito has sent admission acceptance to students applied in the second call?

May 20, 20 5:02 am  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

Polito has informed applicants who applied for other courses (not architecture). Check Fb group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/658226091299528/?ref=group_browse

May 20, 20 5:05 am  · 
 · 
strawberryfield

Sorry if I made you feel nervous, I mean other masters, NOT architecture:((

May 20, 20 5:08 am  · 
 · 
MAAK

Not at all, I am planning for IUAV anyways.

May 20, 20 5:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: