Archinect
anchor

Desperate need of help!

crystaaal

New to this site. I really want to pursue a career in architecture. I was studying marketing for awhile in AZ, then came home to SF and went to a CC to study architecture. I do not have good grades, although I did very well in my arch classes. I have also worked at two firms in the city.

However, now I am trying to apply to a school and it is tough. My grades are holding me back, plus I lost a lot of my previous work from school. I do have work from my firm, but it is mainly technical drawings. I have only applied to CCA and am currently applying to Sci-Arc. I really want to get in, but I got rejected from CCA. I really rushed my portfolio though, and now I am taking the time to make a better one for Sci-Arc. But, since my rejection I fear I will not get into any school.

Should I just give up? I do not know what to do. 

Apr 16, 13 5:57 pm
zonker

don't give up - look at the portfolios for both CCA and AAU, and do what ever it takes to achieve that level - There are a lot of resources here in SF to get you you started - CCA is a real good school, many of my co-workers came from there and many of my co-workers on the interior side come out of AAU - AAU does have architecture - and might be easier to get into.

http://www.academyart.edu/architecture-school/index.html

Apr 16, 13 6:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: