Archinect
anchor

Mac/Safari Help Please

I'm on a design jury and will be reviewing around 8000 images online over the next week or so. Short of a plug-in like SafariStand (which supposedly does it) is there some way to set up Safari so that it automatically resizes images to fit the screen? I'm a relatively new mac user and I'm really surprised that IE can do this but Safari can't. Right now, when images are too big, I've been dragging them into Preview. There has to be a better way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sep 5, 07 8:58 am
boxy

use firefox

Sep 5, 07 9:00 am  · 
 · 
boxy

wait, i don't think that's available for mac

Sep 5, 07 9:03 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen

It is.

Sep 5, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Liebchen
Firefox download.

Firefox 2.0 automatically resizes images to fit the browser window. If you have an early version of Firefox, it is an option you have to enable.

Sucks that Safari doesn't do that. Have you looked into downloading a mac version of IE if you're more comfortable with that browser?

Sep 5, 07 9:23 am  · 
 · 
myriam

huh, weird, i thought safari did this. i've never noticed a problem with it. try calling up or visiting your local apple store, they're good with random tips like that. for free!

Sep 5, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: