Archinect
anchor

Office Horror Stories

jbushkey

The "what is it about some architects...." brought back some memories.  Of course we can't name the firm, but who wants to share a funny story?

I worked at one firm in the southwest for a little over a year.  There were two guys who worked there as draftsman.  When they told me how long they had been there I was shocked because they seemed really inexperienced.  For one project we designed and redesigned a small apartment complex of about a dozen units.  I spent weeks working on it as did everyone.  I came in one morning and couldn't find the file on the server.  I goto the pm confused and he tells me "nevermind the site is zoned single family ONLY" hahahahaha

One day the pm called me to his office and started chewing me out.  It went something like:

HIM:  You three guys are always screwing up and I am tired of fixing it.  Every project I have to go through and fix the same mistakes.

ME:  Sorry, please tell me so I can go back and correct it.

HIM:  No don't bother I will just fix it myself again like I always do.

ME:  So you never bother to tell us we were making mistakes but you are mad we keep making the same mistakes??? WTF?

That is when the lightbulb came on and I figured out why two guys who had double my experience didn't seem to know half as much as I did and were constantly asking me questions.  

May 13, 11 2:26 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: