Archinect
anchor

How do you make a burned DVD movie from a torrent download?

streamline.design

Hi Guys,
I'm just started downloading movies and TV shows from torrent sites such as mininova.org and thepiratebay.org.
Now I would like to learn how to burn them on to a DVD that I can watch on a television using a regular DVD player and not as computer file.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance!

Jun 30, 07 8:17 pm
boxy

when you d/l torrent movies that are small in size (usually around 1 gb or less) you cannot burn those onto a dvd and play them. you need a program like dvd santa. i'd suggest just hooking your computer/laptop to the tv via s-video so you don't have to go through those extra steps.

Jun 30, 07 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I suggest you try a forum about torrenting.

Jul 1, 07 4:42 am  · 
 · 
aspect

ha, its ok, although architecture is an oldest profession, but that doesn't mean we are caveman.

i think check firstly ur dvd player for tv what format they read.

then open ur btorrent with unlead DVD movie factory by selecting "made dvd"... there u go!

Jul 1, 07 11:04 am  · 
 · 
streamline.design

Thanks for the tip guys!

Jul 1, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
grid

get a dvd player that plays avi and other various file formats.

Jul 1, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

anyone know how to transfer torrents into my ipod?! Thanks!

Jul 2, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
guppy

I've used a program called 'convert x to dvd' or something like that that I "acquired" via the same website I "acquired" the thing I wanted to convert.

Jul 2, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
streamline.design

Hi Guys,
I figured it out! I got a copy of Nero Vision and played around with it and it seems to work fine.

Chicaarchitect, try www.handbrake.m0k.org There's an article about converting files to Xbox,Ipod platform and such in the New York Times technology section here is the link

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/28/technology/circuits/28basics.html?_r=1&ref=circuits&oref=slogin

Jul 2, 07 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

chic... do you mean transfer video files? before you start your d/l, search for videos that are ready for ipod. it should say it on the file name like: Knocked Up [PSP IPOD][2006]. that way you won't have to convert your files to quicktime. if you don't have that option I would suggest using Videora Ipod Converter.

Jul 2, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: